- You may not use the Neobook Service if you are 13 years of age or younger. By using the Neobook Service, you represent and warrant that you are over the age of 13.
- You do not need to sign up for a user account (an “Account”) in order to access the parts of the Website that are available to the general public. However, some parts of the Website are restricted to users with Accounts. In order to access those parts of the Website and the Mobile Applications, you will have to create an Account.
- Your Account is personal to you. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your Account, so you should keep your Account password secure. Please notify Neobook immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account. You are not allowed to use any other user's Account.
- Before posting any content to Neobook, it is important that you read our Content Guidelines. If your content does not comply with these guidelines it may be removed at any time.
- You own all the rights to the content you create and post on the Neobook Services. Of course, if the content wasn’t yours to begin with, putting it on Neobook doesn’t make it yours. Don’t submit content you don’t hold the copyright for.
- When you post content to Neobook, we need the legal permission under applicable copyright laws to display that content to users of the Neobook Services. Legally this means you give us a nonexclusive license to publish your content on the Neobook Services, including anything reasonably related to publishing it (like storing, displaying, reformatting, and distributing it). You’ll need to decide how you want to license your story content to the Neobook community. Please read our guide on Copyrights for assistance in making this decision
- You’re responsible for the content you post. This means you assume all risks related to its publication and display, including someone else’s reliance on its accuracy and any claims relating to intellectual property or other legal rights.
- Neobook is a free service and to continue to make it free you understand that we enable advertising on the Services, including in connection with the display of your content or other information. We may also use your Content to promote the Services. We will never sell your content to third parties without your explicit permission.
- In your use of the Services you may enter into additional terms and conditions and other agreements that alter or override these Terms of Service. In case of any conflict or inconsistency, the terms and conditions of those additional terms and agreements would override these Terms of Service.
3. Our Rights in the Services
- We reserve all rights in the Sites and the Services look and feel, and in our content. You may not copy or adapt any portion of our code or visual design elements (including logos) without express written permission from Neobook or as set out in this clause. Please do not use our logo or trademarks in any way that might suggest Neobook endorses a particular product or service, or you have a business relationship with Neobook.
- Neobook may change, terminate, or restrict access to any aspect of the Services, at any time, without notice. We can remove any content you post or submit for any reason. Neobook may access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as we reasonably believe is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce the Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (iv) respond to user support requests, or (v) protect the rights, property or safety of the Services, its users and the public.
4. Things You Should and Shouldn’t Do
- Don’t break the law. Don’t take any action that infringes or violates other people’s rights, violates the law, or breaches any contract or legal duty you have toward anyone.
- Don’t harm anyone’s computer. Don’t distribute software viruses, or anything else (code, films, programs) designed to interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or equipment on the Site (whether it belongs to Neobook or anyone else).
- Don’t try and damage or disrupt Neobook. Don’t try to interfere with the proper workings of the Services. Don’t bypass any measures we’ve put in place to secure the Services. Don’t try to damage or get unauthorized access to any system, data, password, or other information. Don’t take any action that imposes an unreasonable load on our infrastructure, or on our third-party providers. (We determine what’s reasonable.)
- Don’t scrape Neobook. Don’t use any kind of software, device or method (whether it’s manual or automated) to “crawl”, “spider” or otherwise remove any content from any part of the Site or Services. Don’t make any use of the Site, content or Services that may have the effect of competing with or displacing the market for Neobook, the Site, or the Services.
- Don’t steal any content from Neobook without permission. Don’t change, translate, reproduce, distribute or otherwise create derivative works of any content unless you get explicit consent from the author of that content.
- Don’t steal Neobook’s valuable intellectual property. Don’t take apart or reverse engineer any aspect of the Site or Services in an effort to access things like source code, underlying ideas, or algorithms.
- Don’t make any commercial use of Neobook. Neobook is for your personal and non-commercial use only. Don’t sell access to the Site or Services in any way. Don’t use the Site or Services for the purpose of advertising any goods or services. The only exception is that you may advertise the sale of your content in e-book or published book form on third party platforms or bookstores.
5. Disclaimers, Limitations of Liability and Indemnification
No warranty. Your use of our Services and any content is solely at your own risk and discretion. They are provided to you “as is” and “as available”. That means they don’t come with any warranty of any kind, express or implied. Neobook specifically disclaims any implied warranty of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, availability, security, title or non-infringement, and any warranties implied by any course of dealing or performance.
Responsibility for Content. All content, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such content. We may not monitor or control the content posted via the Services and we cannot take responsibility for such content. We do not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any content or communications posted via the Services or endorse any opinions expressed via the Services. You understand that by using the Services, you may be exposed to content that might be offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate, or in some cases, postings that have been mislabeled or are otherwise deceptive.
Release. When you use the Services, you release Neobook from claims, damages, and demands of every kind — known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed — arising out of or in any way related to (a) disputes between users, or between users and any third party relating to the use of the Services and (b) the Services.
Neobook’s liability to you. Neobook won’t be liable to you for any damages that arise from your use of, or in connection with, the Services and any content. This exclusion includes: (a) where the Services are hacked or unavailable, (b) all types of damages (direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary), whatever the type of claim or loss (breach of contract, tort (including negligence), breach of warranty, or any other claim or loss), (c) any lost profits, data or revenues, or (d) any conduct or content of other users or third parties on the Site or the Services.
Your liability to Neobook. If you do something that gets us sued, or break any of the promises you make in these Terms of Service, you shall compensate us for any liabilities, losses, claims, and expenses (including reasonable legal fees and costs) that arise from or relate to your use or misuse of the Services. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to this clause, in which case you agree that you’ll cooperate and help us in asserting any defenses.
Links to Third Party Websites. The Site and Services may contain links to other websites; for instance, stories, user profiles, and other posts may link to other sites. When you access third-party websites, you do so at your own risk. We don’t control or endorse those sites.