Copyright protection information.
How Neobook protect your work?
One of our priorities is to protect copyrights according to current coryright laws and using the blockchain technology. On the platform we:
- remove users/accounts who are found to be pirating content;
- accept and action verified copyright infringement reports of well-known published works;
- leverage available technology to prevent pirates from access to content.
How to specify copyright?
When you publish your work on Neobook you can choose one of the copyright license options.
To specify a license type for a specific work:
- Go to work editing tool. Click on the icon in the card of the work. and choose Edit;
- On the left of the editing tool page click on the Copyright drop-down list ;
- Choose a suitable license type: All rights reserved - you can confirm you are the creator of this work, Public domain - there is no copyright to this work, anyone can use it without any permisson, Creative Commons - you have a Creative Commons license. See more on license types in the next section;
- Press Save to apply the changes.
Copyright license types
By publishing a work on Neobook you can choose the following license types:
- All rights reserved.
The rightholder retains all the rights provided by copyright legislation, such as spreading, performing or creating a work. You have full control over a work, but other people still can use it, for instance, include a short piece in a review, create a fanart etc.
- Public domain.
This license type means you have no rights to the work. If you choose this option, you waive all the rights you have to this work. In this case a work can be used for any purposes, for instance, be printed, sold, filmed etc. without any permission.
- Creative Commons.
Creative Commons includes several license types. If you choose one of them, you retain some rights on it and give away some others, for example, the right to translate, create a film with your dialoguesm to print and to apread it. Creative Commons (СС) license types are: Attribution [CC BY], Share Alike [CC BY-SA], No Derivative [CC BY-ND], and Non Commercial [CC BY-NC].
Protection in case of infrigement
If your copyright is infriged, the fact work were published on Neobook can hepl protect it.
First date of publication is usually used to prove authorship. The author is the one who has published it first.
If you think your copyright has been infriged by a Neobook user you can report to Support Team. We will help resolve this issue and take action to protect your rights.
Be aware that judicial solution of disputes in case of copyright infringement remains with the owner.