1. Types of Data We Collect.
- Information that is necessary for the use of our Services, such as your username, email address, and password.
- Information you choose to give to us, such as your real name, date of birth, gender, and location.
- Information we automatically collect from your use of our Services, including: IP address, Cookie data, Device information, Browser type, Operating system, Pages visited, Actions performed e.g. voting.
2. Use of Your Personal Data.
- Create your Neobook account and provide you with our Services
- Identify you across the Services (e.g. when you sign in, post a story, or make a comment)
- Make age appropriate content available to you
- Provide you with technical support services
- Communicate with you (e.g. letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements)
- Send you marketing emails, unless you opt-out
- Display the information as part of your Neobook profile
- Personalize and customize your story discovery experience
- Display relevant, tailored advertisements and improve your ad experience
- Help prevent spam, fraud, abuse, and other prohibited activity
3. What can other Neobook users see?
We may use this information to make inferences, like what topics you may be interested in, to develop new products and services for the Neobook community, and to customize the content we show you, including ads. Our default is almost always to make the information you provide through Neobook public to the rest of the Neobook community, but we generally give you features, like direct messages, to make the information more private if you want.
4. How do we share your Personal Data?
- To comply with an applicable law (including investigations of any crime), regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Neobook, our employees, our users, or the public;
4. Third-Party Websites.
5. Data Protection.
6. Data Access and Control.
To access, modify or delete the Personal Data you have provided to us, please log in and update your profile.If you close your account, it will first be deactivated for a period of six months. When your account is deactivated, while it is not viewable on Neobook, all of your public contributions and comments to the Neobook community will remain (except that they will be anonymized).
For six months after deactivation, it is still possible to restore your account if it was accidentally or wrongfully deactivated, including re-associating your comments and contributions to your profile. After six months, we permanently delete your Personal Data from our systems, except that your anonymized comments and contributions will remain on the Service.
If you are a parent or guardian and learn that your minor child has provided us with Personal Data without your consent, please contact us using the details below.