Monetization methods and terms, withdrawal of rewards.
How can I monetize my content on Neobook?
Neobook currently provides two ways for authors to monetize content:
- Sell your completed book. If you have a ready-to-publish book or a book that has not been previously published exclusively on other platforms or bookstores, this method suits you perfectly;
- Subscription to a book. Publish your book with status Ongoing. In this case you are selling a book that can be edited and supplemented by new chapters. Using this method you monetize your work in process of writing it and your readers can follow it like a TV series or even influence the plot of a book.
Please note that content monetization is only available for authors with Neobook PRO subscription. If you don't have Neobook PRO subscription, you can subscribe by following this guide.
Further Neobook is planning to add another monetization method - gifts for authors.
How to Sell Books on Neobook?
To publish a paid book:
- If you don't have an active Neobook PRO subscription yet, you can subscribe by following this guide;
- Go to the Edit/Create Book page to section Price and click Change;
- Set a price in NEO from NEO 5 to NEO 1,000 and click Set Price;
- On the Edit/Create Book page set the book status: Ongoing - for subscription to a book or Completed for selling of a completed book;
- Save your changes by clicking Save at the top of the page, and to publish a book click Publish. Before publshing make sure all chapters desired are published and do not have Draft status.
Please note that by publishing a paid book, you confirm that you have exclusive rights to this work and you are at least 18 years old. Otherwise, and also in case of violation of the Content Guidelines, the rewards from the sale of the book may be canceled and not paid, and the book may be removed.
Paid books publication terms
Read the following terms before publishing a paid book:
- All rights on works published on Neobook (including paid books) belong to their creators or legal owners;
- A published book should comply with Content Guidelines;
- As author, you confirm that you have exclusive rights to published work and you are at least 18 years old;
- The platform undertakes to accept payment from readers, provide access to the book and pay rewards to the author in accordance with the terms of payments;
- On the platform Paid books is protected from copying and downloading. But we cannot guarantee that it will not end up on third-party services and sites in any other way;
- The author independently sets the price for his book within the limits set on the platform;
- If a paid book is published and bought at least once it cannot be turned into Draft status (hidden from readers who have paid for access to this book) or completely deleted;
- The author has the right to take the book off sale at any time. After taking the book off sale it is available only for readers who bought it earlier;
- A book with status Ongoing may be edited even after purchases: addition of new chapters can be made, though the author cannot delete more than 50% of published content;
- The author is responsible for contents of the books and edits its pages and proofreads it independently;
- In case moderators detect violations of Content Guidelines, the book will be taken off sales and removed. The funds received will be given back to purchasers;
- Information about the statistics of payments and the amount of money received from the sales is available on the Neobook Earn page;
- The author receives a reward from the sale of the book in NEO coins, the reward is credited automatically after each purchase to Neobook Earn balance;
- Funds available for withdrawal in local currency to a credit card/PayPal are displayed on the Neobook Earn page. Learn more about the process of payout in the next section.
Payout of Earnings
There are two balances in your Neobook account - Main balance and Neobook Earn balance. NEO coins earned from sales of your books or as gifts from other users can be seen on the Neobook Earn balance. Earned Coins on the Neobook Earn balance can be transfered to the Main balance and spend them on boosting your content, purchase of books, and other paid services, or withdrawn in USD to your PayPal/credit card.
To withdraw money to PayPal/credit card:
- The minimum withdrawal amount is NEO 500, maximum is NEO 50,000;
- The sum available for withdrawal can be seen on the Neobook Earn page;
- You can create 1 payout request per month;
- Payout processing takes up to 10 business days;
- Payout fee is 15% of the withdrawal amount.